Saturday, January 30, 2010

The iPad: Uh-huh, Sure.....


As you maybe can tell, I am less than impressed with Apple's new tablet, called (rather disingeniously) the iPad.

So The Onion did this really awesome satire bit, "Frantic Steve Jobs Stays Up All Night Designing Apple Tablet", in which Jobs frantically glues 9 iPods to a cafeteria tray and slaps a bit of masking tape on the whole thing.  Unfortunately, that seems pretty close to reality here.  The iPad is basically an iPod touch, except with a huge screen.  The only thing that's new is the iBooks app . . . and hey, if I want to read books on the go, I'd rather have an actual eReader, like the nook.

So is it cool?  Very.  Are some people going to absolutely love it?  Heck yeah.  Am I one of them?  Eh, no.  I'll go for an iPod+Droid+nook combo any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment