Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Warehouse 13: "Breakdown" Review

So I finally realized that no matter how much I loved loved loved this episode, I would never have time to sit down and write a proper review.  Instead, I'm going to list a few (a lot) of may favorite bits (and one or two not-so-favorites).
  • There's a manual for the warehouse.  That Claudia and Myka have read.  And that they will never stop teasing Pete about.
  • Myka picks probably the only non-artifact in the warehouse to save Pete from the typewriter: a broom.
  • The original B&B in the warehouse, and the painting.  I wonder if it really was "Leena's" back then, since she hasn't been with the warehouse as long as Artie has.
  • The bedazzler.  End. Of. Story. ^_^
  • Mrs. Frederic counting down 'till the destruction of the warehouse ("her voice gets really annoying when she's counting down seconds one at a time!")
  • The Baylor dodgeballs.  Probably one of my favorite artifacts, not counting the Studio 54 disco ball.  I especially like Myka's plan: "I run away and you get pummeled".  Pete under the mountain of dodgeballs was absolutely hilarious
  • Claudia and Myka save the Warehouse.  Now, they're going off to learn how to hack the grid (Myka) or learn kickass secret agent moves (Claudia).  I soooo want to see this happen!  I love the sister-relationship they have going on, now we just need MORE of it.  And Myka still owes Claudia a hug from "Duped".
  • Claudia, Myka, and Pete pretending to throw Artie a "welcome home" party to disguise the fact that they almost blew up the warehouse.
  • The auto-vac and the zipline.  A very bad combination if you are Claudia.
  • Silly string.  I always knew there had to be something odd about it . . . seriously.  Silly string is EVIL.
  • Mrs. Frederic.  She's always awesome, but even more so when she's advocating . . . ehm, shall we say bending the rules a bit.
  • Okay, the Regents in the cafe is a bit too much like Oma Desala's cafe for all the ascended people in Stargate SG-1, down to the whole more-powerful-than-meets-the-eye waitress.  It's a good idea . . . but it's been done before, and better.
So, there're the main points I want to hit.  Overall, a very very good ep, that provides team bonding, danger, and foreshadowing in equal amounts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment