Saturday, December 12, 2009

Lazy Amazing Days

It's a cloudy, rainy day in December, and I'm in one of those funky, artsy, calm-but-hyperaware moods that the rain always puts me in.

I'm sitting in bed, doing AP Government homework and listening to Enya music.

But I'm also ripping some Stargate Atlantis episodes.

But I'm also dying to go out and dance in the rain.

But I'm also writing a story.

But I also just kind of want to curl up and go to sleep.

See what I mean?  Southern California rains are just so rare, and real cold winter rains, complete with clouds and raindrops running down your window are just so rare.  There's a big tree right outside my window and I can see individual raindrops on its leaves from across the room.  I'm slightly in awe.  I went outside and sat in my backyard for a bit, just watching the world turn.  My backyard is huge and a bit wild, and when it rains I feel like I should see garden fairies or something.  I'm normally a more analytical person, but fairies have always held a special place in my heart, and the rain brings out all the wild myths that I've always half believed in.

The rain washes LA clean, more, I think, than in other cities.  All the colors are sharper, the air is more welcoming, the city is more alive.  You feel like you should see plants growing in front of your eyes, and the world has a new soundtrack for a bit.  That's why I love the rain, it's wild and powerful and beautiful and it brings you life.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, exactly how I feel. Last night I was in the car and it was raining and I was listening to my iPod...I almost felt like I was floating, just watching life go past me. I love the rain!

    ReplyDelete