Thursday, July 30, 2009

Common Sense Fail

According to this Washington Post article, there has been a bill introduced in the Senate that will require states to prohibit people from texting while driving. Excellent idea! Right?

People, why do we need this law? Well, obviously because people are texting while driving, and thus getting into accidents. Which begs the question, WHY are people texting while driving??!! That is quite possibly one of the stupidest things you could ever do. It's in the same vein as the hands-free-phone-while-driving law, but at least that one, I understand. I know many people who are on their cell phones in the car, whether for their work, or because they're calling someone for directions. And honestly, even though I think it's better to not call people while you're driving, and you certainly need to have a headset on, responsible and mature people can talk on the phone while driving safely.

But texting. That is so different. Texting requires (unless you are one of the very few people who are texting wizards) two hands and total concentration. Which means that your driving lacks . . . well, what a surprise, two hands and any concentration! It is completely unfathomable to me why anybody would think that is acceptable. You guys, it's just not. I know I complain about people's stupidity sometimes, but this is a whole new level. We need laws to tell us what common sense should have made totally clear. That's just . . . wow. But since apparently we need these laws, I really, really hope this bill gets passed.

~~~~~~~~~~

On a totally unrelated note, check the Atlantis section of my website for new Season 3 reviews and some new artwork!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome ranting... I completely agree. Gasp!!! I love the effects on your new wallpaper!!!

    ReplyDelete