Thursday, April 1, 2010

Double Depression

Columbia rejected me.
So did Harvard.
I really don't know what to think now.
I was so convinced I'd get into one of those schools.
And I was waitlisted at my other top choice.
So.
I cried, threw stuff around, watched some Babylon 5, went for a 2 and a half mile run, and made a depressing (but pretty wallpaper).
I feel a bit better now.  The only thing I can keep telling myself is "You couldn't have done anything different, or anything better."  If those schools don't want me, I guess I don't belong there.  It just makes me so mad that they love talking about "fit" and whatnot, and I'm obviously such a good fit!  I guess there's six thousand equally as qualified people out there who are good fits too.
It's not like I don't have choices.  I've gotten into colleges most people only dream of.  But I'm still really upset.

Anyway, enough with my whining.  Here's the wallpaper I made.  It's Margaret "Racetrack" Edmondson from Battlestar Galactica, aka my new favorite person.  Made to celebrate me (finally!) finishing BSG Season 3 and because I wanted to do something with my loads of new screencaps (oh, and for the BSG-literate out here: Didi Cassidy?  She is so the future me.)

Hm, so, in other news, the lineup for this year's Ballyshannon Folk Festival is up.  Fidil, Eilidh Patterson, Lunasa, Eleanor McEvoy, The Dave Matthews Band, Andy Irvine, and Solas.  Not the best it's been in recent years . . . I might end up at a different festival if I do go to Ireland this summer.  Although, I have possible plans to meet up with some friends in Hong Kong, so that may happen instead.

I suppose I just have to remember that things happen for a reason.  No matter where I end up -- for this summer, for college, for life -- I just have to remember to take every moment and make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment