Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Between the Darkness & the Light

Yes, I have been watching too much Babylon 5, as the title clearly shows.  But it's also related to where I am in my life right now: pretty much done with high school, but not even sure where I'm going to college.  I just want May 2nd to come.  And there's the other set, the darkness of senioritis and the light of schoolwork.  I think, to deal with being rejected by my top two choices, I wrapped myself in a cloak of don't-care, and sat around watching DVDs and blogging about politics.  With the exception of a few classes that I genuinely care about, I have a hard time doing any work anymore . . . . but I'm starting to kick that habit now, thankfully.

But guess what!  Over spring break, my family and I went on a ski trip, and I went down black diamond runs!  We also got caught at the top of the mountain in a blizzard, and got to ride down in a snow cat . . . I was freaking out to no end at the time, but all I have now is a good story.  So all is well :)

Also over spring break, I (rather stupidly) left my nice digital camera at school, so I went hunting for other cameras around the house.  I found two: A Canon Elph LT 270, and a Minolta Freedom AF 35.  The Elph uses APS (Advanced Photo System) film, which almost no one sells anymore, but is totally awesome, not least because it offers three different sets of dimensions.  Awesome, yes, but hard to find, since the film Elphs were discontinued in the early 2000s and APS never really caught on.  BUT Amazon sells anything and everything, so I found some Fuji film, ISO 400, 3 rolls of 25 exposures each.  I can't wait to start taking pictures!  Film for the Minolta is upcoming, I need to go to Samy's this week.  I'll tell you all about the pictures, and maybe bully my scanner into working so you can see them.

Hm.  I got a twitter account, if anyone cares.  @AnyaPrynn  . . . not that hard to find :)  Mostly I use it to promote my politics blog and talk to Senators haha.

Babylon 5 is one of the best TV shows.  Ever.  I say that about every show I watch, but this is different.  It's . . . devastatingly real.  Everything is so perfectly imagined.  I see parts of myself in every character.  I laugh with them and cry with them and use them as examples on my religion tests (I got a 100%, so I'm not complaining!).  It's so philosophical and adventurous and everything I could ever want in a TV show.  So . . . go watch!  I have 2 episodes left in the second season and all I can say is that it's getting better and better!  I did a wallpaper . . . not the greatest, I don't think, or at least, it's not what I wanted, but it's nice.  Oh, whatever, you decide :P
Full-size image & description on my website as usual.

Current Music:
Capercaillie
Battlestar Galactica soundtrack
Avatar soundtrack
Loreena McKennitt
Nightwish

Current Books:
"The People v. Bush", by Charlotte Dennett
"Iranophobia", by Haggi Ram
"Destiny: Child of the Sky", by Elizabeth Haydon
"Rapture of the Deep", by L.A. Meyer
"Sharp Teeth", by Toby Barlow
"Mrs. Dalloway", by Virginia Woolf
"The Wizard of London", by Mercedes Lackey

Current TV Shows:
Babylon 5 Season 2
Law & Order: SVU Season 2

No comments:

Post a Comment